Sunday 8 May 2011

LEJOG Day 27: St Briavels to Monmouth

 Weather: Rain to start and end
 Distance covered today: 25.9km (16.2mi)
 Last night's B&B: Offa's Mead (£35.00)
 Cumulative distance: 517.3km (321.4mi)/ % Complete: 29.4%
 GPS satellite track of today's route: Day 27 (click!)

After a really hectic start to the day, dodging rain-drops for the first time on this journey, I found myself racing along to meet Veronica, but because of the hills and valleys, it took ages. My estimates for arriving were way out and eventually, Veronica set out on the path from the B&B to meet me!

It was just the most romantic thing, seeing her emerging from the woods as I panted up yet another field.

And there I will draw a discreet veil over proceedings, until I resume my journey!

A rainy start to the day

With lovely sunshine in the middle on Offa's Dyke

Medieval sights in Monmouth

Including the oldest bridge of its kind in the UK

And I was in Monmouthshire (I've cracked their code!)

If you are here Mum, I'm OK

View of Monmouth and environs from on high

And there, in the trees, at full zoom, is Veronica!!!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Judging by the Everytrail log you were certainly very active around The Grange, having met up with Veronica! With this new technology you have to be careful that you draw all the veils! Sorry that this comes up as Samantha, must be a nom de plume, but tis I, John, on someone else's computer!

Kevin said...

Trust you, Samantha/John, to lift the veil! My activity was simply prolonged bowing and scraping!